The Legal Director is responsible for the provision of comprehensive legal services to Dammam Airports Company to ensure adequate compliance and protection from legal risks. The Legal Director’s role is to ensure the legality of commercial transactions and advise DACO on its legal rights and duties.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Legal Director leads the DACO to a legally risk free and risk mitigated company. He shall lead the legal department in such a way that this goal is achieved.
- Provide professional legal advice for all DACO’s department projects.
- Contribute, advice and provide best in class legal knowledge to DACO’s strategy.
- Ensure that DACO carries out its activities in accordance with the prevailing local and international laws to ensure compliance and mitigate risks.
- Provide legal advice and support to all DACO functions, if and when needed and approved also through coordination of external legal advice from law firms.
- Responsible to defend DACO in all legal disputes involving the Company.
- Manage and assess the performance of any third parties involved in the provision of legal services to DACO, with assistance of Procurement function.
- Support Internal Audit team with investigations, as required.
- Negotiating, drafting and supporting on a broad range of contracts, agreements, and NDAs.
- Lead complex legal projects that span legal, business, and functional boundaries.
- Controlling, managing and directing the activities of the Legal Services function.
- Providing professional and strategic advice to the Chief Executive, Board and senior management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and any additional ad-hoc will be assigned as per work requirement.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in law, LLM degree is preferred.
- 10 years of relevant experience, a minimum of 3 -5 years in an in-house legal department.
- knowledge of contract law, tax law, accounting, intellectual property rights, licensing, and the laws specific to the Regulation of Airports and Airlines and other applicable laws to airports.